2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

[ebay] - Mopar Performance PCMs

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 12:48 AM
moparrtguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [ebay] - Mopar Performance PCMs

Are they really no longer available??? I was going to order a new one for my 99 5.9L from makeitmopar.com.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:17 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

not that they are no longer available.. i think they stopped production on them and what you see on the net is what you get from stock room shelves and overstock..

Old 09-30-2006, 01:22 AM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Ok, so I can still get one if the dealer has them in stock. I had better order one quick before they are gone for good.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:42 AM
TPSDODGE
Professional

no dealers have any

Old 09-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt you will find one. When I was looking for mine, there were tons of parts websites that listed it, but when you go to place the order, or a few hours later, you get a notice or e-mail that the item you are trying to order is no longer available. Reason is, very few of the online parts suppliers actually have an inventory. Most of them are just middlemen with no actual inventory of their own. But they list the parts anyway so you will shop their website.

I doubt any have one, but I recommned starting with a dealership. Any Chrysler dealership that I have ever called has the abilility to look up parts availability for Chrysler dealerships across the entire country. If one has a PCM, they will be able to tell you, and can usually get it shipped to you from any dealership. If they say no dealership has one, then I doubt you will find one except used on eBay. Your second best place to look is going to be performance shops that build mopar performance engines. They might have their own inventory, but they may not want to part with the only remaining PCM. I'm talking about places like Southeast R/T, KRC, etc...

Who knows though, you might get lucky, so I guess it doesn't hurt to try any place that is listing one. I would start with what I mentioned above first though, I think you will have better luck. If you have patience, you can always get one on eBay. Just make sure you get the right part number for your year/motor.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: TPSDODGE

no dealers have any
Thanks, that's what I figured. It's good to have a Parts Advisor on this forum.

Another option I forgot to mention is to advertise on various Dodge forums. When guys sell their trucks, or change motors, they often take their parts off to make a little extra cash. That's how I got one of my PCM's.

Good Luck!

Old 09-30-2006, 03:12 AM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Thanks, I will give it a shot - will post results....

UPDATE: I placed an order tonight - I probably wont know until Monday if the part is available or not.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:41 PM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Got an e-mail this morning from makeitmopar.com that Chrysler did discontinue the PCM and they cancelled my order. However, they referred me to a dealership in New Mexico that had one brand new one left in stock (I think it was the last dealer stocked one in the country!) I had to pay full price for it but its on the way.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Hey, at least you got one. Congrats!

Quick Reply: [ebay] - Mopar Performance PCMs