2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Streaky Windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 PM
jskepler_03
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streaky Windows

I know Dodges are notorious for streaky/scratched drivers and passenger side windows (at least in the country and always drivin gravel roads) I was wondering what any of you have done to clean up the windows if anything, my drivers sides is gettin bad enough that when the suns comin up and shinin right on it I can't see through it n gotta roll it down just to see out

Old 09-26-2006, 12:25 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Streaky Windows

do you mean actually gouges in the glass? as for fixing that.. pretty sure your only option is to get new ones.. i know you can get glass buffed but for the cost of the service its cheepr to buy new ones.. as for preventing it.. make sure the window trim at the bottom of the door is clean and nothing in there..

Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 PM
jskepler_03
Rookie

That's what I was afraid of... I usually try and keep the window trim clean gets kinda hard to always do on the farm, and they weren't in the best of shape when I got it

Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 AM
jskepler_03
Rookie

Just found a good fix for the streaky windows. Glass Stove Top Cleaner for Electric Stoves (I was skeptical when I first heard the idea from coworker) just rubbed the cleaner on the windows with a soft scrubbing pad, let sit a couple minutes and then buffed it off. It's not a perfect fix, but windows sure are a whole heck of a lot easier to see out and not near as streaked (I shoulda took pics but didnt think of it til was too late) it also helped get rid of the water spots on the back door windows too

Quick Reply: Streaky Windows