2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tire size??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 PM
kstroeher
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire size??

It appears from the pic that the thickness of the spacer would depend on how long your factory studs are, unless you are willing to switch them out for shorter ones. It would seem that, if I have 1 1/2" long studs the spacer would need to be at least that thick or they would extend beyond the edge when installed. Am I wrong?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
kstroeher
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was bored and looking back through old forum posts. It seems that many are opposed to putting any wheel spacers on 4x4's at all. Can someone tell me why? Will it cause more stress on ball joints and such?

Old 10-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats exactly the question I was asking in the beginning of this thread. Everyone hates spacers, but they seem to have no problem with wheels that have backspacing that puts your tires out a little further. I think it would basically be as bad as spacers.

Quick Reply: tire size??