2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Cyberwraith45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

Hi Everyone!!! I'm a mopar man for more than 20 years now. I love them all. Very glad to see dodge get into nascar!!!!
I do need some advice if it is possible?[:-] I have a 200 Dodge Ram 1500-V-6 my 15th dodge vechile. Keep good maint, and have never had a problem till the past three months. The truck turns off while driving. No warning, no sputtering, no nothing. The speed o meter drops to 0 the gas gauge as well as all other gauges drop too. took to mechanic and he replaced the fuel pump, still does it. Repaced fuel pump again. Still does it. replaced coil, ran every test possible.. still nothing. Took it to Dodge dealer. They kept it for three days. Could not find anything wrong. Never died while they drove it.
When it cuts off.. In the small digital mileage box it says. No_Buss keep turning key on and off and finally gaues will come back up and mileage will show and truck wil start again. Truck will crank... turn over as usual but will not run till guages come back up. Dealer told me they know it is an electrical problem but they can not find it???[:@] Anyone have any ideas???[sm=dontgetit.gif] Please help if you can...
Thank you.. and I hope to chat with you all...

Old 10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hello everyone

No buss is a PCM problem. I'd say your PCM is bad, or theres a bad connection or wire somewhere. Thats kinda no good since the PCM is a maze of wires. I would start wirh the main power relay, check it and the wire going to the PCM.

Welcome to DF!!! Mopar all the way!

Old 10-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Don't now if it'll help but here's a thread on "NO BUS". There's a few other threads on this subject if you do a search.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_418277/tm.htm

Old 10-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Cyberwraith45

WOW!!!! Thanks!!! I was sure it was a link fuse problem...already spent several hundred on the problem.. I had mentioned link fuse to dealer and they assured me it did not have such a fuse anymore.[:@] Going to go under hood in fuse box with a phillips and fix the darn thing myself... at a cost of 0$ you all have been a great help!!!