2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Heat!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
cableguy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat!!

I just swapped my dashboard out, and now I have no heat. The blower motor runs fine. The vacuum lines appear to be hooked up correctly, because the recirculation door opens and closes when you switch max a/c on and off. The heater core is hot to the touch once the temp comes up. Also, all the various vents work correctly as you rotate through them. I guess my question is what happens when you rotate the temp **** from blue to red? What does that control? Any ideas would be appreciated as my wife is driving this truck now with my six-month old on board. We've just gotten our first decent cold snap of the year.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
JarheadX
All Star
Default RE: No Heat!!

thats a really good question, idk the answer to it, lemme know how it all works out for u tho

Old 10-16-2006, 05:58 AM
silverram99
Captain

You might find the hoses that go to your heater core and make sure they are both warm. If one is warm and one is cold that would tell you that your heater core is clogged somewhere inside of it. I know after I put the 180 thermostat in my truck the heater isn't what is used to be, but you don't say what you have in yours. Anyways hope this helps.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:27 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I'm not sure what to add to this other than download the manual and have a look at what it says about the heater controls. that may help.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
2001ramsport
Veteran

that **** operates the blend door witch is controlled by a small electric motor on the bottom of the heater box.as you rotate the **** you should see the blend door shaft rotate.I'm not 100% sure, but i think you should see 45-90 deg. of movement of the shaft.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 AM
cableguy
Professional

Thankx for the suggestions. I hope to hell that it is not the heater core. What a ***** it was to get the dash and the heater core / evap box out. Now that it is cold out, I wont dare pull it until March, or more likely April. That's just another busted dash waiting to happen. I have a stock 190 stat in for what it's worth, which I just put in last week. I even pulled the cowl grille(?) out and blocked the fresh air inlet just to see if that would help, but no luck. That blend door is starting to sound more and more like the problem.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:21 AM
JohnnyRambo

Cableguy,

Did you get anywhere on your heat problem? I've got same problem. In my case, a shop fixed my a/c (replaced the evaporator), and now no heat! It was done in South Carolina in July so turning on the heat wasn't a big priority at the time. Near as I can figure, my blend door wasn't re-installed right (it's frozen) in the "no-heat" position. The motor that moves the blend door was burned out, according to a local shop here (michigan). I tried turning the exposed end of the hinge, but it doesn't budge. It's easy to reach once the motor is removed. Have you tried that?

John

Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 PM
JarheadX
All Star

We changed my friends heater core on his thunderbird, and man...it was a task. We had to take everything apart, so for you...i hope it's not the heater core.

Quick Reply: No Heat!!