2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tranny

99 4X4 w/ 46RE........this is original tranny in truck so not much to complain about with 180,000+ on it. Don't get me wrong it still runs and I opted out of a core exchange and will be rebuilding it on my workbench for possible use or sale. Will just take my time rebuilding it, only real issue with it is the bands need replacing, no leaks etc etc....will let everyone know how the Raptor does.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:08 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tranny

Just went and picked truck up today with new tranny installed. One word "SWEET"- shifts are extremely crisp, definately put more power to wheels. Downshifts are precise, and kickdown damn near breaks the tires loose. Total cost w/ install was $2800.00 and change of which only 200.00 was actually for the install. I can tell it has the parts I wanted, just by the way it feels. Now I can start on building the motor.

Quick Reply: Tranny