2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

comming along on 360 injector question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 02:57 AM
BLstangin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comming along on 360 injector question

I've finally got the long block together. We will end up with a 95 5.9l motor, r/t cam, upgraded springs, stock rockers for now, but get roller ones later, maybe 1.7's? I ported the heads myself, stock exhaust manifolds, headers will be next mod. I cut the center divider and 1.5" out of intake runners and will be making an egr pipe fit inside it. I will smooth the throttle body myself for now, and then I was wondering, I also have the mopar performance pcm, so could i put a set of 24# injectors in it or would it run wierd? I would like to do it, but will it do more harm than good? Also I have a set of ford 5.0 24# injectors out of my buddies mustang at home, they look like they would fit right in and hook up to the harness. Will they work or is there something different i'm missing? Thanks again for your help guys.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:30 AM
silverram99
Captain
Default RE: comming along on 360 injector question

IMO the 24#'s would be just too much for your set-up. They will fit though, that is a common modification for people requiring more fuel. There are alot of guys that are running more mods than what you have and they have the stock injectors. IIRC you would have to have a custom PCM flash to run those injectors too. I think your money would be better spent on headers.

The 1.7's aren't reccomended for any cam larger than the R/T, so you should be ok with them. Especially with upgraded springs, I wouldn't worry about it.

Where did you get the R/T cam at and how much was it? Also what air intake system are you using?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 AM
BLstangin

The cam is a crane cam part number is 704121 I beleive. By the specs I think that it's just a copy of the r/t cam. The cost I don't know. I got the engine kit from northern auto parts and it was a $291 upgrade over stock cam. Stock air intake right now, maybe a k&n intake later? First upgrade will be headers and probably 1.7 roller rockers. I have the injectors laying around and since I have the mopar performance computer for it thought maybe it would work out since i know that computer map is setup different from stock, but maybe not?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:32 AM
turkeyhunter1962
All Star

Dan Arkand " The Fastman " runs 24 lb injectors, but that is in his stroked 408 12-second Dakota. 24 lb injectors in your truck would work on the high end of the RPM scale, but you would be putting too much fuel in at lower RPM's and the overall performance would suffer. If you know anything about carburators, it would be like putting a 4-barrrel holley 700 cfm carb on a 3.3 6 cylinder.

Quick Reply: comming along on 360 injector question