2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 04:17 PM
1969roadrunner
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlights

I had a headlight burn out the other day and decided to replace them with some I bought from E-bay. The lights I had in the truck where LITECH 9004 80/100W, the new bulbs were 90/100W and were not LITECH... These new bulbs do not always come on. One burns lower than the other, and now my headlight switch is getting fried and doesn't always work. Why would the first high output lights work and these won't? Any suggestions or solutions?

Old 10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
xhausted
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlights

i have learned the hard way to stay away from ebay! it has turned into a hustle, it seems everytime i bought something off ebay there was some kind of a drawback.

sorry to hear that, but maybe you should just go back to the litechs.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:43 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headlights

The increase in wattage is an increase in amperage. There's only 1 fix if you want to run the higher wattages. You must relay the headlights, and install an aftermarket headlamp harness and connectors.

You will go through headlight switches just as fast as you can install them. It's not working not because you have over taxed the assembly. Even if you go back to standard headlights, the high/low switch will be next to fail. And that's a high $$$$ item.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Headlights