2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:07 AM
mikeskywalker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio

Im installing a Satelite radio in a 96 ram any thoughts on where to run the antene at it says on the back edge of cab but where do i send the wire to get it in to the truck ?????

Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
jskepler_03
Rookie
Default RE: Satellite Radio

When I put XM in my 01 1500 Quad Cab, I placed the antenna on the back of the cab just above the rear door, pulled the weatherstripping out and brought the antenna wire through there and tucked it away towards the floor in the back of the cab, then took up the door stills ran the wire up to the front and then snaked it around up underneath the dash to my XM reciever, hope that helps

I have also heard of people bringing their antenna wire in through the 3rd brake light, not quite sure how much work that would take, just another way of doin it

Old 10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Sirius Rocks my world. I ran my cable back into the dash then out the bottom. Since you have a 96 you have the same interior as me. I mounted mine right to the cup holder since I rarely ever use it. The wires are ran back through the cup holder into the dash where the power is hooked up and the antenna is ran out the bottom of the dash and I just have it along the floor because my CB antenna is in the same place, from there they go under the seat to the back and out my driver side window, also with the CB antenna. Nobody sits on that side because I have my subs/amp there so you can't even tell they're there. You can hardly see it on the floor since theres only like a foot between the bottom of the dash and the seat.

Heres a pic, you can see the antenna wire in the bottom of the pic. If you use the back seat alot you should probably run the wire along the the bottom of the dash. Theres tons of room and you can't see it. From there you can tuck it behind the molding and run it to the back seat and out the window or something similar.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:52 PM
mikeskywalker

from the looks where is your power is it hard wired in or do you have a lighter jack behind dash ?

Old 10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I have a 4 way splitter in the dash that powers the Satalite, Radar, and my cell phone charger. The charger tucks into the ash tray for when I'm not using it. This way all the wires are hidden and I can still use the aux power outlet when I have something else to plug in.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:35 PM
hawkeyedodge
Professional

I ran my antena up the passnger side door, along the floor under that plastic piece that holds the carpet down, then up behind my back seat and up the weather seal for the Quad Cab Door, then up in the headliner (it just pulls away at the back of the cab, not secured or anything) and out a hole behind my tail light on my cab. The antena is mounted about 12" forward on my cab right in the middle.

Ill try to take pictures later and post them.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Here is another thread on the subject:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_384565/tm.htm

Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Sirius antenna enters at the BOTTOM of my third brake light. Put a small dip (horseshoe shape with the curve at the bottom), in the wire so when water hits it, it runs to the bottom of the loop and drips off. Use some silicone around the brake light. Now run the wire along the headliner and down the pass side A post. There are power wires on the drivers side.

It easy.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio