2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

bed mount question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:48 AM
RamOwna
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed mount question

ok, so i searched for answers to this but i came up empty, I am replacing the fuel pump in my truck and I decided that it would way ****in easier if I just took the damn bed off. Well, my question is how many mounts attach the bed to frame ? and whereabouts are they? Also, is this feasible for 3 in shape guys to do or am I gonna have to recruit an army to hoist this bastard?

Old 10-25-2006, 03:40 AM
silverram99
Captain
Default RE: bed mount question

There are like 8 bolts most of the time. I have done too many Fords and Chevys at work, so I can't remember if Dodges go down through the bed or up through the frame. There is probably a ground strap somewhere, you will have to unbolt the filler neck or remove it at the tank and probably unhook the tail light wiring harness. This is the easiest way I know to do a fuel pump unless you don't have help.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM
RamOwna
Professional

ya, i would assume from frame up, but i could be wrong?? anyways, again i may ask, is it feasible to hoist this thing with 3 guys?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
silverram99
Captain

Yes all you will have to do is move it back like 4-5 feet, the bottom of the bed in front of the fenders usually sits nicely on the rear tires and the rear of the bed behind the tires usually sits on the bumper. I have done it with 2 people who were average build and one was almost 50 years old, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:17 PM
RamOwna
Professional

alright cool, thanks for your help bro.. i'm gonna start tearing into this thing in a few minutes, hopefully i don't screw anything up

Quick Reply: bed mount question