2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:20 PM
JD770
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust question

ORIGINAL: silverram99

ORIGINAL: JD770

ITS NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU NOTICABLE POWER AND THE DRONE WILL ANNOY THE CRAP OUT OF YOU.

I understand the drone part to an extent, but I already have a flowmaster and my truck being quiet doesn't matter to me. Since I have not done it yet I cannot comment on the power gains, but considering that the cat is a restriction in an exhaust system I can't see how removing it wouldn't give you a noticeable gain. Perhaps not on a stock system, but removing my stock muffler and replacing it with a flowmaster and dual outlets gave me a noticeable gain. I can't figure how removing another restrictive part wouldn't but I'm sure you are an expert.........[sm=smiley21.gif].

we dynoed a before and after SC mustang with 500+ RWHP it has 4 cats, gutting them all netted 2rwhp, which isnt even more than the basis for error. And far less than anyones butt dyno can feel.

Its not about hugging a tree, Many of the worlds problems can be attributed to "tree huggers" and enviro-*****.
This is about respecting the laws that govern the automotive industry, which any true enthusiast would be more than happy to do.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Mazz3100

Last year my cat went bad, so i replaced it with a Magnaflow Cat. That only lasted 10 months, and was shot also. Last week i took it to a garage and got the cat knocked out, since my county doesnt have emissions. Its a little louder and everything but i already have two magnaflow mufflers , edlebrock headers and k&n CAI. My problem is my gas mileage seems to have went down, runs fine, but my check engine light came on while driving today. Is it worth it to go get it checked out or just to assume its the O2 sensor? if it is the 02 sensor, what should i do to get it back to normal?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JD770

we dynoed a before and after SC mustang with 500+ RWHP it has 4 cats, gutting them all netted 2rwhp, which isnt even more than the basis for error. And far less than anyones butt dyno can feel.
I'm NOT picking fights or taking sides, but do you really have a dyno? That comment is used quite often and I just can't help but wonder everytime (not just you saying it) I hear it if these people really have a dyno or they're just making stuff up to try to get they're point across more. Dynos are REALLY rare, the only nonprivate one I found in Michigan is near the Grad Rapids area. We have one here at school, but its a private one that nobody can use for their own car.

Quick Reply: exhaust question