2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speaker Questions

About how much did that system run you doziersdodge? I think I'll do just about the same thing you did with my truck. As soon as I get the cash that is.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

hey check out my pics in my gallery. got my two subs and my amp in there. i've since spliced in two 2 way 4 inch speakers to help out the top end. i still need to seal them off from the subs but hey it's a work in progress.

as far as speakers go i've still got the crapola stock ones but i'm looking at the infinity speakers or some sony xplod ones. but definetly get the power source for them.

Old 10-28-2006, 02:09 PM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Crutchfields website shows 6 1/2" speakers fit in the quad cab rear doors without any modification. Did anybody have to modify their rear doors so 6 1/2" speakers fit? I have been burned by Crutchfields fitment guide before so I wanted to double check before I purchase speakers that wont fit.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Mean Machine

How did you get to the 5 1/4's in the back? It seems like the seat is blocking the removal of the panels and I can't seem to get that out either.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM
tazme695

I run a 50w Kenwood headunit w/ a set of Dimond Audio cpts up front and it sounds incredable the stage is and image are both level i may later add a small sub just for some low end!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 PM
CALVIN305
Professional

i have had ALOT of audio systems in alot of different cars. i had the big "bass" system(4-15" solo barics with 1200 watts of rms power...yea u could feel it a block away) ive had the cheapest upgrade(throwing some after market speakers on a factory head unit) and a sound quality system( 6.5 imagine dynamic components with silk tweeters and 1-12" imagine dynamic subwoofer with 600 watts)...

but to tell you the truth. once you get into it its just soooo much easier to get a bass tube. i love bazooka tubes. i had 2 8" dual voice coil bazooka tubes(the non powered ones) in the back of my truck(not the truck i have now) with a 600 watt amp and it was alot of bass but not the kind that everyone around you feels. i loved it cause it was the first time the sound was just for me. my truck inside not to be heard by anyone else. one thing i would change was try finding a 5 channel amp. i LOVE them. mainly because of how simple they are. here is what i have planned for my ram..

pionner cd playe (they have a double din size one that you dont need a kit to install in our trucks it looks very simple and clean and the best part is it has a built in crossover so you can control you subs and highs and at which point you want them to crossover on the cd player!) its about $220-250 depending on where you go. ill get a pic in a moment.

6x9 infinity reference.(i like the references series more then the kappa's because the ref. dont have that harsh highs that some speakers have they have a silk dome tweeter which really helps mellow the highs so you can play them really loud and they still sound great)

5.25 infinity ref. for the rear

1 bazooka 8 or 10" non powered subwoofer(i was thinking of getting a mtx box but its alot more money.

for the amp im looking at a alpine 5 channel amp that does 60x4 for the highs and 250x1 for my sub.

perfect!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
CALVIN305
Professional

this is the head unit i was saying. it has a rottery **** so it has a stockish feel but alot of features.

Quick Reply: Speaker Questions