2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
MAGICDSSMAN
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals

Well I finaly got around to getting true duals on my truck today and I went with streight pipes big mistake. Now I have to decide what mufflers to get to tone it down alot. I live in the city and work nights and don't think my neighbors are going to appreciate me waking the kids up with thunder form a mile away. I don't realy want a flowmaster muffler it seems like everybody has one. So I guess my question is does anybody have a single in single out f magnaflow muffler that has a nice growl to it that they like? If so do you know the model number for it? I am in desperate need of help.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:35 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: True duals

dont have a gasser anymore but one muffler that seems to shine on the CTD's and gassers is the aero turbine. if you go over to the CTD forum there is a group buy organizing. someone here had one on his gasser and liked it alot. they are a straight thru design and come in multiple sizes... check them out http://www.aeroexhaust.com/

hope this helps...

Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 AM
helmsa
Professional

That is me that has one on a 5.2L, but for what you are looking at, you would have to drop about $400 just for the mufflers...They run $200 each...I love my standard exhaust with just the aero replacement and a short custom pipe infront of it to fill the gap of the old muffler.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:20 AM
MAGICDSSMAN
Professional

Well I think I have decided to go with a pari of magnaflow MPE-14415. The are $64 a piece at summit so the price isn't to bad and hopefully they will give me what I am looking for. I will probubly weld then up myself and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: True duals