2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MotorVac, your opinions. I just got it done.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:19 PM
NickV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotorVac, your opinions. I just got it done.

If you have ever gotten a motorvac service on your truck, please share your results, I am interested in seeing how well it worked for other people.

I just took my new truck in yesterday for a full tune-up service. They did a transfercase, differential, transmission service. Flushed the power steering and brake fluids and said that everything looked perfect everywhere they checked and didn't even need servicing! That put me in a good mood!

I decided to get a Motorvac job done on it. I checked my mileage and I am getting 11.5mpg in city with grandma driving style, and 12.5 city/hwy combined which makes me think I am probably getting around 13mph+ hwy. Anyways, I filled 'er up and reset my trip meter to get a new reading on my mileage. I haven't driven it around enough yet to see if it made any difference, so I wanted to see what other people's experiences were.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:38 AM
NickV
Default RE: MotorVac, your opinions. I just got it done.

I just tested my mileage and my city went up to 12.5 and my highway/city combined went up to 13mpg. I'll be testing my hwy miles again soon to see what is changed there!

Definitely worth it to get a motorvac!

Old 11-19-2006, 09:58 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you get to watch them do the MotorVac hookup on your engine?

Did they un-screw the sparkplugs
and screw in special cleaning fluid injectors?

http://www.motorvac.com/products/Car...anDual352.html

Old 11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
NickV

Heh, no man I didn't stay around to watch them work on my truck so I don't know the whole process.

Quick Reply: MotorVac, your opinions. I just got it done.