2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:47 AM
BLstangin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

I got it to run right. The new 5.9 is running like a top with the cut intake, crane cam and ported heads. Man it just flat out flies now. After all that frustation and setting the timing with scan tool again and again, and double checking everything I found the problem, #6 and #8 plug wires were crossed. I only had to check them 4 times to find the problem. Now she's running great and so far no leaks or problems. Oil pressure bothers me yet, but it has 45 at 4,000rpm and 35 crusing at 1,500 so i'm gonna leave it be for now and maybe play with shiming the pump relieve valve another day. Thanks for all your guys help, i'm happier than flies on sh*t!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: I GOT IT!!!!!!!!

sweet. any more plans for it?

Old 11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
BLstangin

Ya, yesterday I picked up a set of jba stainless headers for it for $150 from a buddy who is selling his 94, and were gonna put roller rockers, cold air intake, and a fastman throttle body on it when his checkbook allows. Also comming is msd wires and coil.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:17 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your oil pressure is fine. Stock pump the minimum is
6psi @ idle
30psi @ 3000rpms

Thats great she's running better with no leaks. The next round of mods it should really come to life. H/F cat or straight pipe it (if no etests) will help a lot as well. Good luck

Old 11-13-2006, 02:01 AM
BLstangin

O.k. rm indy if I take the cat out what will that do to fuel mileage and will it cause it to run wierd or kick any codes and turn CEL on?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Remember, high oil pressure is always better than low oil pressure. When I rebuilt my engine I installed a high volume oil pump.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the cat completely and you will get a code. Some can get away with reseting the pcm after and it doesnt come back others need to add an o2 simm to the rear o2 connector. H/F cat I found to be worth about 15rwhp, when the h/f cat gutted itself a couple years later probably gained another 8rwhp. Cant say on mpg though cause I drive it like I stole it and have never really tracked mpg.