2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electircal Q

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electircal Q

Thanks for that info! I do have the cap right inbetween the + and - on the power cables going into the back of the CB, its about 4 inches down the line from the CB. The static is still REALLy bad. I'll try to find a smaller cap, I know we have some laying around. I don't have the wires twisted but like I said they are hooked right up to the battery itself, not on a wire coming off the battery. I also should have good inline connections. Where I made the wires longer I crimped them with good crimps and put shrink wrap over them.

I'll try twisting it and using that smaller cap.

Also I think its coming from the alternator because its a whine sound that goes the same speed as the engine. Theres also the static sound that goes the same speed as the engine but its not as bad as the whine noise.

Thanks for the into on that Pyramid reducer, if this stuff doens't work I'll probably infest in one of those!

Also heres a pic of my CB for you jakebrake.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:25 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electircal Q

I was thinkging of mounting mine like that, but I'll have to get new cup holders. (would eventually happen when it gets the g56 trans)

Quick Reply: Electircal Q