2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Started adding mods today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 05:28 PM
mopar98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started adding mods today.

I started to add my mods today so far I have put on the undre drive pulley kit and then I ran some mccc through the stock TB . I got the new TB from summit instead of fastman I may have paid more ,but there is no core and this is a billet Holley performance 52mm TB. I have done nothing with crank sesor yet . I'm waiting to see how much of a change I've already made. About another hour and I'll fire it up and see what I got. Wish me luck.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
mopar98
All Star
Default RE: Started adding mods today.

Wel couldn't wait any more I went out and started it . Boy that thing is still smokin . I took it around the block boy there is alot more power . This is deffinetly an improvement I can actually light the tires up with very little effort. Boy the guys at the truck pull won't know what they're in for. I bet I'll pull an extra 20 to 30 feet.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you afford to have your truck down? I sent Dan my old TB and he turned it around in a week.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:27 PM
mopar98
All Star

No I can't this truck is my daily driver that's why I went for the holley from summit .It may have cost a little more ,but it was more convinent. I'm not saying I doubt any body about the fastman I just can't afford to have my truck apart.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

hey mopar98, you say your in truck pulls, ever have any driveline problems, you have the 46re i take it, how well is everything holding up pullin the sled eh?

Old 11-19-2006, 03:34 PM
mopar98
All Star

Holdin up pretty good when I ain't pullin I push snow in the winter and haul my firefird to the dragstrip . I just do regular pm on the truck . I am worried about the extra power I've been adding . Hope I don't burn it up.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:33 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you call what you did extra power. extra power is a 75 shot of nos or a supercharger. if have not blown the tranny by towing than it will hold up. also let me know how you like the power pulley, got rid of mine.yes extra power but terrible in the long run, hot nights with a/c on had to keep feathering the gas, truck would go limp even with the lights on at night. got tired of it. also it would not keep sufficent power to the alternator for my amps and subs. and if you plow you might need a convertor for the extra lights

Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM
mopar98
All Star

I already have dual batteries in the truck for power while I plow ,but maybe I might change the pulleys when it starts snowing.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:52 PM
ripto
Captain

ORIGINAL: mopar98

No I can't this truck is my daily driver that's why I went for the holley from summit .It may have cost a little more ,but it was more convinent. I'm not saying I doubt any body about the fastman I just can't afford to have my truck apart.
why would you have to have your truck down? says on the website you send him your old one once you replace it with the new one doesnt it?

Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM
mopar98
All Star

Yeah but the prob for me is I work 3rd shift and the only time I get is in the evening and the weekend. Heck it's hard to make to the bank. Let alone trying to ship a package .

Quick Reply: Started adding mods today.