2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 12:20 AM
mattyge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Blocks

Hey again could somebody point me to a good site where they sell lift blocks for a reasonable price? And how much lift should i get 2" or more? Thanks

Old 11-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: Lift Blocks

it all depends on how much your doing in the front and if you want it level or raked out. just dont use aluminum blocks or stack blocks, thats a definate no, no [sm=noooo.gif]

Old 11-26-2006, 12:29 AM
mattyge
Veteran

i probably won;t be doing anything on the front i would like to unless i could find something on the cheap. I know that sounds bad...anywas do these trucks look better with the back end up a bit, i don't want to buy it and then find out it looks like crap!

Old 11-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Tani1500
Champion

a personally like them level, i actually am thinking about making my front end alittle higher then level. on a 2wd its alittle different. what are you trying to do? get a certain look? or do you just want the truck alittle higher so it doesnt feel so low. maybe a body lift might be better.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:45 AM
mattyge
Veteran

yeah i just feel my truck is out of porportion it's just long but low but not like a cool low draggin frame type deal but not high enough ya kno. I'm curious about the body lift but worried about detaching my body from the frame. Any body done it with pics and a source of parts that be great thanks for the help!

Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Tani1500
Champion

ive done it, i dont have any pics but i can get some if you would like to see what it looks like. i really like the body lift. gives much more clearness around everything in your engine compartment and around the tranny, gas tank and such. me and my friend both have body lifts on our rams and hammer the crap out of them. ive jumped my truck HARD a few times and never had a problem with it. my friends jumped his so hard he broke the motor mount and the body lift still shows no signs of breaking or bending anything. i would buy a complete kit from PA. its a great kit with good easy to follow instrustions. also has all the extentions you need for hoses and such.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:16 PM
mattyge
Veteran

yes please some pictures would be nice. what store is PA and about how long did it take you to install it. Also do you need to get in the bed cause i have a bedliner

Old 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Tani1500
Champion

PA stands for Performance Accessories (names of the company) you can buy them from almost anywhere, jegs, summit racing, 4wheelparts, ebay, your local speed shop. it took me about 4-5 hours doing it in my driveway by myself. all you need is simple hand tools and a good jack and a 2x4 to put on the jack to lift the bed up. you dont have to do anything to the bedliner. the hardest part of the hole process is getting the damn rusted old bolts out. after that i think a 14 year old would be able to install it correctly.

Quick Reply: Lift Blocks