2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IM LOOKING FOR A DIESEL!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 AM
Maintain
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IM LOOKING FOR A DIESEL!

I bought my truck in 05 and the 03-04 6.0's were just trouble. I didn't want a brand new truck, so the 6.0 was not the answer for me. Injector design flaws, turbo issues, programming issues, egr issues... all stuff I DON'T want to deal with. Logically the 7.3 or 5.9 was my next choice as far as reliable motor is concerned. I shy'd away from GM even though they have and awesome motor because of their IFS since I had plans to lift it 12" and run 44"s. After I bought the truck, I loved how it rode and the great fuel mileage and decided not to do that . Plus I like to go fast now too...

The paint scheme on my truck is "Platinum Edition" and unless you're from the South Western part of the US you probably haven't seen many, if any since only 2,000 were made and they were only offered in the SW part of the US.

ORIGINAL: mopar98

I've seen fords like that before around here ,but I'm sure that they weren't the same as yours . I like the paint on it what's it got the 6.0 ?

Old 11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
mopar98
All Star

I hate to hijack this guys thread so I'll just say cool truck and glad to hear u got the 7.3 .

Old 11-29-2006, 01:47 AM
mopar98
All Star

Back on topic ,
Did the web address help any ?
If not I can look around a little to see what's around here .
Don't know if you want to come this far for a truck ,but I guess if u can save enuff money it would be worth it.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:45 AM
NickV

I just returned one the other day and got a magnum instead (I wanted the cummins, but the payments were high because the miles were too high for the loan company to put me into a 5/6 year loan. A 1999 with 90,000 miles. Long bed, quad cab, 4wd, leather. It may still be there, they wanted $17k for it. It was at Spradley Chevrolet in Pueblo, Colorado. They may still have it.

Quick Reply: IM LOOKING FOR A DIESEL!