2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck doesnt start, something wierd is going on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006 | 12:07 PM
Hollings
Default Truck doesnt start, something wierd is going on.

Hey guys I own a 99 Dodge Ram Sport. This morning I went out to start the truck and it would not start. The indications were as follows, on my odometer I had a code saying NO BUS, the check engine and ABS lights were also on. The truck will turn over and start for about a second this happens 2 or 3 times and just die out and then usually on the 4th attempt or so it will just turn over and not start at all. Ive taken the truck to the dealership and they've replaced the computer about 6 times and it works for about a week before the same problem happens again. Does anyone out there have a clue or maybe even had similiar problems, and maybe have a solution to this hassle. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Old 11-29-2006 | 12:09 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Truck doesnt start, something wierd is going on.

NO BUS means the computer is shot. So that means there has to be some other problem either with the connections/wiring or the PCM is getting to much power and is frying it over a week. Dang, hope its under warrenty if the dealer is fixing it so much. You'd think by now they would start looking at other problems.

Quick Reply: Truck doesnt start, something wierd is going on.