2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

snowy wonderland

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:56 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: snowy wonderland

its a mid-atlantic thing...

Old 12-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Hahaha I LOVE watching people fly by you in the highway just to see them in a ditch a mile up the road. People like that I don't stop to help.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

im suprised how well front wheel drive cars do in the snow though.. but RWD vehicles need to stay off the road

Old 12-01-2006, 12:49 AM
nmason
Veteran

damn, i cant wait for snow. it december and its still not below freezing yet, pouring rain all day. i put my snows on 2 weeks ago and am just dying to get some use out of them. i figure southwestern ontario should have had at least one good snowfall by now. this year i dont even have to commute in it. at least the mild weather will give me a change to fix a nasty bent front wheel.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:02 AM
jm22876
Professional

I'm up in New Hampshire and it was 60 something degrees. I just put $600 into the truck getting it ready for plowing...LET IT SNOWLET IT SNOWLET IT SNOW

Old 12-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: okiemag318

I figured out how to drive by going in a parking lot and doing doughnuts. And by dodging idiots. i can handle my truck, but most people out here don't know how to handle their vehicals. I'm from Yukon, west of okc about 10 miles or so. Most people don't know how to stop on ice. They tend to lock the brakes and slide along, instead of downshifting to slow down, and not going that fast in the first place. The problem is that we don't get enough snow and ice around here for people to get used to it.

That is a good start. Also, PUMP YOUR BRAKES. Always, always, always pump your brakes when stopping. I don't give two ****s if the vehicle has anti-locks or not. I've had problems with sliding in my Cavalier on ice and it has anti-lock brakes. One other tip my dad taught me is that when you first get on the road to quickly jab the brake with your foot. Then you will have a general idea of how slick the road is and how to gauge your speed accordingly. Also, DON'T BRAKE GOING DOWNHILL. Those people **** me off, because then you don't have any momentum to go up the next incline. [:@]

I made it to work today and saw too many people who didn't bother to clean their vehicles off. I'm talking snow on the roofs, rear deck, and covering their headlights. I had to spend 45 minutes cleaning off my truck and let the defroster go like mad.

ORIGINAL: 20dodgeram01

im suprised how well front wheel drive cars do in the snow though.. but RWD vehicles need to stay off the road

Um, a rear engine VW handles great in the snow

Old 12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: VWandDodge

I made it to work today and saw too many people who didn't bother to clean their vehicles off. I'm talking snow on the roofs, rear deck, and covering their headlights. I had to spend 45 minutes cleaning off my truck and let the defroster go like mad.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that ****'s me off. I ALWAYS make sure both side windows, windshield, rear window, BRAKE LIGHTS, and headlights are clean. Even though I have never has snow covering up my brake lights, I still check them every time. I hate morons that are to lazy to do any of that and have just a little hole to see though. I want to ram into them and drive away because they can't see so they wouldn't have a clue what happened! [:@]

Old 12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
brute98
Professional

The storm started to hit my area (Eastern Ontario) today. It's freezing rain with some ice pellets and snow. I'm glad I got my remote starter issue fixed this week!

Quick Reply: snowy wonderland