2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

snowy wonderland

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
pollocksn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snowy wonderland

Ok this has nothing to do with my truck I just wanted to share that where I live in Oklahoma hasn't seen good snow in a few years. Well it started last night and they are calling for 6-8'. Im pumped truck+rope+sled= death defying good time.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:59 PM
okiemag318
Rookie
Default RE: snowy wonderland

Yeah, I live in Oklahoma too. We are getting pretty good snowfall. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go out in it, but I think it's a blast to drive in.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 PM
pollocksn
Professional

i've been out driving in it for about an hour now. Im just waiting to see if I get called in to work before I go hook up the old sled. So far they havent done anything to clear the roads yet around here. So where in ok are you at Okiemag?

Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Driving in it for a while is fun in a parking lot or so, but be glad you don't have to drive in it for 6 monthes and dodge other cars flying at you. I hate winter because its cold and you can't do crap outside and driving sucks [:@]

Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
01SLT4x4

Houston....
Walked outside this morning to come to work and it was 72 degrees.
Went outside a few minutes ago and it is 37 degrees with high winds..and slight rain..

dhell kinda mess is that?
gets any colder and that rain could start to ice on the roads..
wont be fun, becuase houston drivers can barely drive in the rain.. much less ice..

Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in Norman and grew up in Illinois. I hate it when it snows here because these Okie idiots freak the hell out in snow. Dip****s put their brakes on heading down a hill and wonder why they can make it up the grade. Better yet, they don't know how to scan an intersection, from ½ mile away, or less, and roll through rather than stopping and getting stuck.

This will all start to melt by Saturday. Hell, knowing Oklahoma, it will be 60º on Wednesday.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
pollocksn
Professional

I agree with you 100% V/W Most of the drivers are complete jackasses around here. I have been born and raised here but have aquired the snow skills from the parents who lived in N.J. most their lives. Another of my favorites is watching guys in big 4x4 fly past you going 50 mph and loose control and take out their wheels on a curb. For some reason people with 4 wheel drive think it helps them stop better I guess.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
okiemag318
Rookie

I figured out how to drive by going in a parking lot and doing doughnuts. And by dodging idiots. i can handle my truck, but most people out here don't know how to handle their vehicals. I'm from Yukon, west of okc about 10 miles or so. Most people don't know how to stop on ice. They tend to lock the brakes and slide along, instead of downshifting to slow down, and not going that fast in the first place. The problem is that we don't get enough snow and ice around here for people to get used to it.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: pollocksn

I agree with you 100% V/W Most of the drivers are complete jackasses around here. I have been born and raised here but have aquired the snow skills from the parents who lived in N.J. most their lives. Another of my favorites is watching guys in big 4x4 fly past you going 50 mph and loose control and take out their wheels on a curb. For some reason people with 4 wheel drive think it helps them stop better I guess.
idk why us jersey drivers are better, but we are

Old 11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Tani1500
Champion

dude i didnt know you where from jersey. sweet. yea idk where just good at driving in the snow.

Quick Reply: snowy wonderland