2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Time for new shocks, whats your pref

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time for new shocks, whats your pref

now, im not too knowledgable about diffrent kinds of suspension system, im a drag racer through and through, so thats about all i know how to do; make things squat, make things stick. so with that pretext in mind, please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but...is it ok to mix shocks axle:axle (im thinking of going with KYBs in the front and the rancho 9k's in the rear, so I can have a quality ride, and better control when I go to the track. Basicly a caryover of my last suspension setup I had in my car, but I dont know if its acceptable in a truck or not. any ideas would be of help, thanks.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
alcedo
Rookie

Replaced originals with Rancho 5000. '99 4x4, quad. No lift. Just plain wonderful.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'd put softer shocks in the back and high pressure up front if you're looking for max weight transfer. Trucks are notoriously light in the *** and you want as much squat back there at launch as you can get. Dodges are pretty nose heavy. I'd even consider a dual rig on the front.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: TMS Bill

I think I'd put softer shocks in the back and high pressure up front if you're looking for max weight transfer. Trucks are notoriously light in the *** and you want as much squat back there at launch as you can get. Dodges are pretty nose heavy. I'd even consider a dual rig on the front.
exactly what i was considering.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 AM
timwag2001
All Star

ORIGINAL: Ryanshreds

I would highly recommend procomp shocks. I used to have the 9000 series before the lift and they worked great. Not to stiff, but much less body roll than the stockers. If you want a little softer ride go with the 3000s. They both have 9 stage valving in them. Basically they are same thing as ranchos only they cost much less. I dont remmember exactly but I think it was less than $200 shipped for four and a steering stabilizer is included for free when you buy 4. Procomp also makes some reasonably priced 6 way adjustable shocks. I now run skyjackers, I have dual front shocks so its stiff, I think they were also more money.
im in need of shocks and a stabilizer. where did you get that deal?

Quick Reply: Time for new shocks, whats your pref