2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no spark 98 dodge ram 318

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
blue2050
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no spark 98 dodge ram 318

Deleted the post beacuse the moderator PM'ed me and said I was violating the rules by double posting. That indeed was the point of the double post..updated my post as I gathered further info.
First time to get scolded on a forum and I am super or gold on my RC plane ones.
Tried to unsubscribe but it was to slow.

I live in Calera, Al.

To date it has a new coil, new crank position sensor, spark plug wires are 2 months old.
I have no votage to the wires, nothing at the coil.
Signal to the Crank sensor is good...according to Haynes.
No signal back.

I am having it towed to Dodge, Thanks for the hints. I give up and do not have any more time to waste on this truck right now.
Christmas coming up...travel.

M

Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

that's weird... usually a mod will just delete doubles... I know some users with dialup may end up with doubles since the xfer rate is so slow.

sorry we couldnt figure out your issue, hopefully dodge wont hurt you too bad.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
kayakman
Veteran

Hi Blue 2050, Have you changed your coil. They are known to let you down, even the performance coils will let you down when the time comes. Just the performance ones will start a little harder when damp and then finally give up as well.
Does your coil wire run along the valve pan cover like the 360s do. If so re-locate the coil wire when you get your truck runnin'. One leaking coil wire will take out a fuel injector and cripple your computer.

Check that coil

Hope this helps
Kayakman

Old 12-12-2006, 06:18 PM
blue2050
Veteran

New OEM coil...time factor
New OEM coil...time factor
Maybe hotter coil later and whatever else I might find to do FUN (performance enhacing) on this forum.

As I said sent it to the shop where they have mighty 50,000 dollar computer diagnostic equipment.
Didge says it indeed the computer.
Signal from the CPK present....guess my book is wrong or I did not have good connection when I read it.
No output signal from the computer.
New one next day on the way. Truck fixed by tomorrow.
I am in a better mood now, sorry Mr. Moderator; but to fuss at me when I am already upset is not a good idea

So who needs a cheap used CPK and coil, both were/are good. CPK is just fun to change, coil is to easy.
Thanks for help all.

Now I need a new exhaust system. My old flowmaster broke at the rear flange a few months back. 2 in, 1 out muffler.
The entire system needs replacing, mounts broken, flange bolts loose but rusted together.
I will browse but if anybody has any info on wonderful sounding sytems that increase gas milage 50% let me know.

Michael

Old 02-28-2022, 09:28 PM
AjijicRAM

Originally Posted by Tani1500
yea go to sears hardware and get a set of rachet wrenches. also try to keep your post contained to one post so your not posting over and over ( double posting) which is against the rules. either edit your post or wait for someone else to respond first.
omg! Give the guy a break. I don’t know why anytime somebody gets a chance to be a Internet police officer they wanna jump down everybody’s throat for violating a rule

Old 03-01-2022, 07:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by AjijicRAM
omg! Give the guy a break. I don’t know why anytime somebody gets a chance to be a Internet police officer they wanna jump down everybody’s throat for violating a rule
OMG! Give me a break. I don't know why anyone brings up a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD thread to whine about internet police.

Quick Reply: no spark 98 dodge ram 318