2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jet performance chip what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:21 PM
madpawn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jet performance chip what to do?

I bought a used jet module/chip for $50 which I thought was a great deal at first. After reading the posts on this site, the general consensus is that it is junk. Should I even bother to install it? My RAM is running fine right now and I don't want to mess with it unless there is a benefit to installing it. Another thing is, I'm not sure if it is a compatible chip for my truck. I have a 99 Ram 1500 with the 316 Magnum motor 5.2L. The chip I bought came out of a RAM with a 360 motor 5.4L. Will it even work? I figure at least I can ebay it to get my $50 back.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: jet performance chip what to do?

On a 5.9 it will cost you hp/trq at the rear wheels, Im not sure on the 5.2s. I would put it back on ebay either way

Old 12-11-2006, 02:04 PM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Yea, i would put it back on e-bay and keep an eye out for a Mopar performance PCM. They are a little hard to come by but they do pop up once in a while on e-bay. You will be much happier, trust me!

Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
madpawn

Thanks for the advice! I was wondering if it would hurt anything to try it out? What signs should I look out for if it doesn't work properly?

Quick Reply: jet performance chip what to do?