2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Christmas presents are in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:57 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas presents are in!

My bilsteins came in last night, and im going to put them on today. Is there anything I should be looking out for when I change the shocks out? and do I have to take off the wheel?

ill be sure to post my like/dislike for the shock after im done.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 PM
radwebster
Captain
Default RE: Christmas presents are in!

the shocks, all around, are pretty easy. just eyeball it, you'll quickly see how to get em off.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:03 PM
nmason
Veteran

yeah, take off the wheels. the extra room is really nice. and theyre super easy to change. unbolt the top and the bottom and pull it out. reverse that for install.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:40 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Yea, I didnt even pull off the wheels. the extra room was unnessissary, just cuttin the wheel was good enough and jackin it up. I have to say, these shocks make a world of diffrence...especially considering my old shocks were the factory ones and they had nothing left in them. I can actually corner now, Im even more impressed with my truck. I still have yet to do the rears, they are on backorder or some delay. I can definately feel the diffrence in the front and rear after changing out the fronts. It feels like im pulling a trailer, and arround corners it doesnt hold as well, nor does it stay planted when I go over bumps; though a panhard bar would be a wonderful mod, but I dont know who makes one for the ram.

Quick Reply: Christmas presents are in!