2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What does SLT actually mean?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:00 PM
kayakman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does SLT actually mean?

I have a '98 Quad Cab SLT. About 5 or 6 years ago a co-worker was looking at the truck and said "Oh you have the **** model". [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
True story.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

lol i thought that laramie was a ****, idk her too well..

Old 12-31-2006, 09:38 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kayakman

I have a '98 Quad Cab SLT. About 5 or 6 years ago a co-worker was looking at the truck and said "Oh you have the **** model". [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
True story.

I think you mean the Sport model like I have..................trust me on this one!

Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 AM
topsites
Professional

Well, I tell you a lot of folks take the standard luxuries in cars for granted, and I know this because I did, too...

While I see a lot of folks driving shiny p'ups like they're cars, I also see a lot of folks driving them as utility vehicles.
And really, most p-up trucks are utility vehicles...
I didn't find this out until I started having to use them, and not being but so fortunate, I take what I can get and unfortunately basic function takes priority over luxury because in my case it has to run good and solid, first.

My job in lawn care requires me to drive at least a 3/4 ton truck with a trailer hooked almost year-round.
It's not so bad when the temps are decent and it's not raining and you don't mind no radio.
And for the past 5 years I drove truck with no radio, no a/c, no nothing really.
Vinyl interior and bench seat, the heat worked and the wipers and turn signals and lights and horn, manual cranks for everything and good thing it had power steering and p-brakes, but other than that, I was soon educated that trucks generally are not all that nice and plush a ride

So, my '95 isn't all that in looks, evidently it, too, was used for work.
But the **** sure is one nice ride with all the loaded features: Power everything (windows, mirrors, locks), sliding rear window (yeah I don't think of that until August temps hit), A/C, cruise control, tilt steering, am/fm cass, cloth bucket front and cloth bench back seat, all kindsa gauges and a nice looking dash with cup-holders and little trays everywhere and a center console, too!

It's sooo quiet riding, too...
Other than for the stiff suspension and the obviously long and tall body that means it's still a work truck, I can actually fool myself into believing I'm riding in a nice car when the moment is right.

Ok, so the L means Luxury

p.s.: the message says 'in reply to' but that wasn't meant as such, it just happened lol

Old 01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

I believe it means Special Luxurious Truck... but how the hell should I know I drive a ST.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

I thought it was Sport Luxury Touring

Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

No offense, but I don't think trucks do a lot of touring and the only way to have sport is if you buy the sport model truck.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

mines a sport :P

Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Rick3464

i didnt think i had the infinity system either, until i went to change my front door speakers and discovered the amps in them.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Mike Roma
Professional

I don't really know. I haven't seen a very convincing answer to this anywhere. I'm guessing it doesn't really "mean" anything. Just a trim level or something. That doesn't seem very likely either, as there are so many variations.

"Speedy Like Turtle"?

I'm gonna have to go with "****", from now on!

Quick Reply: What does SLT actually mean?