2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SNOWW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SNOWW!

ORIGINAL: 94 red ram

well here in wester ny we got 4 or 5 in -9f with the wind blowin so **** goin wheeelin

**** going wheeling?! That didn't stop us...it was only -8 out too!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2/IMG_7310.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...2/IMG_7323.jpg[/img]

Here are some videos too

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=MVI_7309.flv
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=MVI_7311.flv

Old 02-04-2007, 10:05 PM
pro tech
Rookie

Socha......your videos are cool as hell!!! Looks like fun!So are the pics....glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't afraid of aLITTLE snow...LMAO...we quit measuring the snow in inches....now it's how many feet, not inches.

Was out from 9:00am to 4:30pm today. all of 2 degrees, wind chill down to -25 degress,blinding whiteouts,another foot at least of snow, with 3 to 5 foot drifts everywhere.

Draw bridge over the St. Joseph River between Benton Harlem and St.Joe....only clear road I saw all day. Only because the bridge is essentialy a open metal grate and the friggen snow just falls through it, LOL.

4-5 inches would be a blessing around here....LOL....not a reason to stay home. Some guys......Damn, even the yuppies were out and about in thier minivans.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Yeah its been really nasty here this weekend. Parked my truck Friday afternoon and today was the first time I started it. Its been about -15 a night and -5 durring the day the whole weekend, so after sitting for the 2 days she barelly wanted to crank over, even with the 800 cold cranking amp battery, but she finially started up. Running 10-40 but this cold that stuff still gets so thick. I let her idle for about 10 mins while brushing the foot of snow off, then when I started driving she stalled when I slowed down and hit the brakes. Didn't want to start up again at first but it did.

I wanted to take it for a drive since its been sitting in the cold, so we had to go to Wal Mart to get Super Bowl food, and on the way we got a call that my bud drove his Explorer off the road. It gets down right dangerous, when it blows you literally can't see anything, even a car 30 feet in front of you. Its scarry, be glad you southerners don't have to deal with this stuff. It also gets dangerous working outside in this stuff, liking digging his truck out. The bank sign said -11, and thats with out the windchill. Here are some pics. Everything was fine with it, didn't break anything even any molding, just needed a jump so pulling him out was just dead weight. Said he was going about 40-45 when he hit.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:05 AM
mattyge
Veteran

guess those grill guard really do help

Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 AM
hasersys

Lol Now that im in Illinois instead of Florida. The cold is really interesting to me. The other night coming home from work it was in the negatives. I get a big kick out of snow an the cold. Lol i wasnt thinking an i left for work an had to get gas i only put 5$ in the ram so that took no time. Well in the amount of time i was outside my hair was frozen from just getting out of the shower. I'm a winter newb. Lol where I'm from it only gets near 32 once evrey two years or somthing an the last time it snowed there was in the 1970s. I have pics the first time i saw snow. I stayed out all night an tough myself to drive in it. I went into a big open parking lot at about 3or4am an got sick. Had lots of fun! I took pics an want to post them of the snow but i took them on a throw awy camera an havent gotten them developed yet. Snow is awsome!

Old 02-05-2007, 05:21 AM
ripto
Captain

Ahhh man you guys are so lucky, eastern end of Long Island has gotten very little snow this entire winter, nothing on the roads at all, its been horrible. I just want it to snow and snow so I can go out and have some fun, even if there are no places to go off roading here, I'll do it in the Kohl's parking lot my dad has the snow plowing contract for :P

Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 AM
MillaTK

We just got our first bit of snow in the last weeks. maybe a couple inches here or there. The backroads I take during my daily commute were pretty sloppy. The 285 Bridgestone A/Ts handled the snow quite well.