2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gauge Bezel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:13 PM
jktrepin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Bezel?

I bought a aluminum gauge bezel and i was wondering if anyone on here has put on in? Is it hard? You have to take out your cluster i know that and remove the clear cover........ is any of that difficult or is it pretty easy ?

Thanks,
Jake

Old 02-03-2007, 08:10 PM
White Ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gauge Bezel?

Easy. Justreplaced my stereo and cleaned out the dirt in the inst. cluster.

First, set the parking brake, and put your tranny in 1st gear (disregard if you have a manual tranny). Tilt the steering wheel all the way down.

Second, open the cup holder, remove the two screws holding it in and remove the cup holder assembly.

Third, open the ashtray, remove the two screws and remove it as an assembly.

Pull the trim piece out, starting near the cup holder. Should pull out pretty easy. Remove the 12volt outlet wiring plug and cigarette lighter wiring plug as they become accessable.

I believe there are 6 brass colored screws holding the plexiglass covering the cluster. Remove those, pull off the plexiglass, and install your bezel. I don't think you would need to remove the cluster.

Should take you less than a half hour if you know which end of the screw driver to use - it's really that simple.

Where did you get the bezel? Show a pic after it's installed. I want one, but I'm not sure if I like the aluminum look. A friend of mine has a Rumble Bee and he put in a yellow bezel. Looks really good.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:04 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i put one in my truck, looks great! hardest part was cleaning fingerprints off of the bezel, i would suggest using gloves when installing the bezel.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:16 AM
jktrepin
Professional

alright... im prolly gonna do it tomorrow and i'll post pics up if i can fianlly find out how.. thanks for the help!

Old 02-04-2007, 07:51 PM
jktrepin
Professional

No need to take the cup holder and the ash tray out... just pop off that cover and un-swrew the screws. Took maybe 15min and thats cause i cleand everything up really good.... the gauge bezel looks good and i recommond it to everryone

Quick Reply: Gauge Bezel?