2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Next Ram Redesign

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
landarch96
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next Ram Redesign

what the hell is that? where did it come from?

Old 02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
mactools124

yeah man what is that? Thats ****ing sweet!

1997RAM 1500 5.9L V8 4x4
flowmater 40 seris daul rear exit
pilot fog lights and coming soon k/n air filter

Old 02-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Pooshmaster47

Eh, i wasnt thinking f-ing sweet so much as i was thinking f-ing ugly and lame.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
livinginh
Veteran

I wouldnt spend a dime on any of those designs, what ever happened to a truck looking like a truck?

Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
spaz_22
Captain

i heard dodge is putting a new cummins 6.7 litre straight six into the dodges soon. They might redesign the dodge then. I heard it'll be pretty soon becuase of the new ford 6.4 litre twin turbo powerstroke. And i also heard chevy is comming out with anew desiel since there contract with duramx is almost up...don't know about the gmc though..just a rumor...

Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 AM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: spaz_22

i heard dodge is putting a new cummins 6.7 litre straight six into the dodges soon. They might redesign the dodge then. I heard it'll be pretty soon becuase of the new ford 6.4 litre twin turbo powerstroke. And i also heard chevy is comming out with anew desiel since there contract with duramx is almost up...don't know about the gmc though..just a rumor...
mmm, the bigger cummins has already replaced the 5.9L. all the diesels have been redesigned becuase of more stringent emissions requirements.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Terran
Professional

It's like the new F-150's vs the Super Dutys, the new F-150's look like sleek pieces of poooop. Where's the Super Dutys look like real trucks.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
landarch96
Rookie

Buddy of mine is a test engineer at Ford. He stopped by the house yesterday with a 2008 F350 Crew Cab, SRW King Ranch. He knows I'm a Dodge guy, but damn that's a nice truck! It had the new powerstroke in it. Incredible power and very smooth. Only problem is the $. He said that truck will sticker at about $58k. I do alright, but come on. I bought the truck I have now brand new for less than half that and it even has dodge's "plus" package. Who's gonna pay that kind of money for a truck? I think they're pricing themselves away from the people who will actually use the trucks the way they are meant to be used. Somelawyer will buy that truck and it will never be off of city streets and will never pull a trailer.

Sorry, just had to rant.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is an article about the guy Chrysler has assigned to do both the Dakota and Ram redesigns, Ralph Gilles, at this weblink:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_615998/tm.htm

Since the new Dakota has already been shown at the Detroit Auto Show
that is perhaps the best hint of what the next Ram will look like,
but since Ralph Gilles designed the Chrysler 300
another possibility is to imagine morphing the current Ram with a 300 front style front end.

sample quote from Gilles:

"For the future Ram, Mr. Gilles is focusing on giving the truck a more aerodynamic design, which will improve fuel economy and will be tested in Chrysler's $37 million wind tunnel. He says the design team spent three months working on the side-view mirror on the Chrysler 300 to maximize aerodynamics.......The future Dodge Ram will still look bold and aggressive, but Mr. Gilles also notes that pickup trucks, like cars, are becoming more like homes, with contractors needing space for files and room for a laptop computer. That means that designers will spend a lot of time focusing on a refined interior with technological features, like an iPod adapter."

Old 02-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My old boss had a 03' King ranch and it was a sweet truck, we used to haul a 30 foot trailer around that fully loaded weighed about 25,000 pounds. way way overweight, and that truck never had any trouble with it. With the tow/haul mode, even the stoping distance wasnt' too bad. If dodge screws up their design I woudn't mind getting a truck like that, although I don't like the head lights in the new ones. I like my big un-aerodynamic, fuel hog of a truck. They shouldn't put some ***** like that in charge of their truck department.

Quick Reply: Next Ram Redesign