2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got towed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Got towed

That sounds a hell of alot cooler than sellin it.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:13 AM
radwebster
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: habeba86

Well it was the bearing...he said it was almost seized up. It didnt take anything else with it...I guess I was jst paranoid about the brakes....and I was half in snow...idk Ill notice if its weird when I drive it tommarow. Should I get the driverside done also...is it gona be close to going out if the other one did? I would rather do it now, then have it go out in a bit...
i didnt doubt it was a bearing. if you havent had then changed in a while, i would replace both unit bearings. keep the side that is still good though, in case another one ever goes bad on you.

when the bearing starts going bad, it will sit off center, which will make the truck pull to the side of the bad bearing. when you apply the brake, even slightly, you will recenter the bearing and it may roll ok...all of this leads to an interesting brake feel, which may lead you to be;lieve your brakes are bad.

at least it didnt fail totally on you.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya...I have come to the conclusion I can never sell this truck.....ever. It's too badass....specially once I finally lift it. Thanx for all the info and tips rad.....btw, I hope you make it out alive over ther at pirate

Quick Reply: Got towed