2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quickfix on the 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:56 AM
LivinNstiX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quickfix on the 4x4

I looked into all the post and realize where all the vaccum lines go and how to switch over to a posi-loc HOWEVER Im stuck in Williamsport, PA and need to get to Lawton, PA which is 87mi and I don't have anywhere to work on the things u guys have recommended for others here...

SO

Is there a way I can lock it in 4wheel and leave it there till I get home and get it in the garage? I know it locks in if i suck the vaccum line but i can't get it to stay in that way... any help would be great

Thanx in advance

Old 02-15-2007, 04:01 AM
radwebster
Captain
Default RE: Quickfix on the 4x4

umm...why dont you leave it in 2wd til you get home?

Old 02-15-2007, 01:51 PM
LivinNstiX

because we have 4' of snow at home and 2' here and as of last night the roads were a wreck... but it seems im stuck here so i might just get that opportunity

Old 02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
justincredible5

well one thing you could do is unhook the factory vacum line from the axle or where it is that your sucking, get a piece of (new) fuel line and a shutoff valve from a hardware store cut the hose in half stick the valve in the middle and the othere piece of hose on the other side so you can suck on it. then put the new hose on the nipple the factory one came from open the valve suck on the line when you feel it has engaged close the valve and in should maintain that vacum void you created, keeping in in 4 wheel.

JJ

Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
radwebster
Captain

if you still need to lock it in 4wd...

pull the cad cover off. there is a coller that slides over both the inner and outer passenger side axle shafts. center the coller between them so they're locked together, then put hose clamps on the axles shafts on both sides of the coller, so it cannot move. pop the cover back on, and it'll keep keep the cad from disengaging the front axle, so you can still shift from 2wd to 4wd with the t-case shifter.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Maintain
Rookie

ORIGINAL: radwebster

if you still need to lock it in 4wd...

pull the cad cover off. there is a coller that slides over both the inner and outer passenger side axle shafts. center the coller between them so they're locked together, then put hose clamps on the axles shafts on both sides of the coller, so it cannot move. pop the cover back on, and it'll keep keep the cad from disengaging the front axle, so you can still shift from 2wd to 4wd with the t-case shifter.

G'Luck getting those bolts off w/o breaking the heads off of them.

If you were closer I'd bring my trailer and pick you up.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:22 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why not just tap into any vacuum line up in the engine compartment with a T and run a line to the cad ? that will supply full time vacuum the same way the t-case switch does.

Quick Reply: Quickfix on the 4x4