2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

custom bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:28 AM
rubemeyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom bumper

I was looking to build a custom tubular rear bumper, and possibly a front bumper too. I was wondering if any of you guys have built any, and if so did you have blueprints/plans? If so I was hoping to get a copy or even the slightest idea of what I’m looking at. I had semi taken a look at it while entertaining the thought, and am kind of lost on how to mount them with the stock mounting brackets/holes. I’m not looking for anything too eccentric, just something that’ll give my truck a little more of an “off road” look, and a bumper that’ll be a little more durable than my stock one. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:29 AM
radwebster
Captain
Default RE: custom bumper

custom anything usually require much research, measuring, and eyeballing. this is no exception. my advice: take the bumper off, and measure the mounting brackets (distance apart, how deeply set into the frame, etc). this is gonna be the basis for your design, obviously, as you will need the new bumper to have the same setup as far as brackets. other than that, go nuts.

make a mock up with pvc, or carboard. figure out what looks good, and what clearances you need to worry about. then whip the welder out and go to town.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 PM
rubemeyer
Default RE: custom bumper

good thinking. thanks. i'll just have to try that.

Quick Reply: custom bumper