2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5" of lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:14 PM
pashtrd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5" of lift

i know another lift question.
i have 3" coil spacers on my truck, i want to get 2" lift springs
i already have long enough shocks, what about the track bar, i assume i need to relocate that 2" lower, and extend the sway bar links, but anything else?
drop pitman arm?

Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Default RE: 5" of lift

I'd go with a Thuren Track bar, and a drop arm. Actually the "drop arm" is a bit of misnomer. It is not longer than the factory arm, but the taper for the tie rod is reversed, so that the rod end goes on the bottom instead of the top. Flopping over the tie rod lowers it about an inch. I have yet to install mine, but am going to add the same two inch springs to my spacers.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
toyhauler
Default RE: 5" of lift

Skyjacker makes a pretty good track bar aswell. You will also probably want new upper and lower control arms. Lower ones at least, the stock ones are a bit too short for5" of lift. he Castor of the font axle can get out of wack if the controll arms ar too short.

Quick Reply: 5" of lift