2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

heater core

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 AM
scottybme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater core

Is there anyone out there doing a heater core right now that has the airbag out?

Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
mojo
Professional
Default RE: heater core

Just did mine don't worry about the airbag. You need to pull the whole dash the airbag can stay right there just unplug it. You need to drop the steering wheel and remove the bolts that hold the dash in place, if your skinny enough you can prop the dash with a bungee cord around the grab handle and remove the heatercore box but if your fat like me thengrab a buddy and pull the whole dash out of the truck. You didn't say what yr it was some boxes are bolted together some are glued if your's is glued you will have to brake it to get it appart.It's also a good time to look at the Evap core if the heater is bad the other is not far behined.There is a piece of plastic that seperates the two, it's over engenering, and the problem with it is thats what collects all the leaves and crap that falls between the cowel and rots the heater core out, you don't need it socan it. good luck!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:20 PM
kikidbird
Veteran
Default RE: heater core

I did mine last week, it seems like alot of work but it's not. You will be happy when you are putting on the dash, that it's all over. Don't forget to disconnect the battery.

Quick Reply: heater core