2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TV Cable Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TV Cable Adjustment

There is about a 10 Step procedure for adjusting the throttle valve cable for those of us who have an automatic transmission. I just wanted to echo that the steps make it look much more difficult than it is.

The TV cable comes up the back side of the throttle body and connected to the passenger side of the throttle body. The adjustment procedure states there should be no more than 1 - 2mm(?) of slack in the cable. Now, there is a white locking clip on the cable behind the metal bracket that holds it in place on the throttle body. I found that a small, narrow screwdriver greatly aids in releasing the clip. You have to hit it at the bottom and top of the cable sheathing. With the clip removed, the sheething can now be pushed in/out to adjust the slack on the cable. I pushed mine in with one hand and then reinstalled the clip with the other. Seems like it made a world of difference with my shifts, but I still have a couple of minor issues where I believe the transmission just isn't as strong as it should be. By this summer I hope to be installing a rebuilt, heavier duty transmission in my ride.

Quick Reply: TV Cable Adjustment