2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ram Owner, Opinions Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Bob5150
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram Owner, Opinions Needed!

I've been reading on this site for a while, and only posted a few times. I'm a relatively new Dodge Ram owner. I bought my truck in November. It's a 1999 Quad Cab Short Bed 4x4. It has the 5.2L engine, and the auto trans. My only thing with it is that it's white, and I think it's very plain looking. I mix and deliver auto paint while I'm in college. I don't have enough money to get it painted a different color, especially since I'm still paying forthe truck.I'm thinking of having one of the body shops I deliver totake off all the badges, and the "Dodge" and "4x4" decals off the tailgate. I would have them also remove the (boring) gray pinstripe from it too. I wanted to get a wider stripe, like 1/2 inch, in red, and also put badges back on it, but the red ones like found on some sport models. They look just like the regular ones, just in red. Does anyone think this is a good idea? I'm just looking for a fairly inexpensive way to jazz it up a little, without going crazy. I think this would keep the nice stock look, just with a little more flair. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Ram Owner, Opinions Needed!

A lot of people here de-badge their trucks. There's quite a few threads on how to do it right (none of which involve a body shop). Then it's just a matter of finding the badging you want and applying it.

Quick Reply: New Ram Owner, Opinions Needed!