2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Infinity Speaker/Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
cvalcik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Speaker/Wiring Problem

1996 Ram 1500, 5.9 magnum.

I have the infinty stereo system with the 6x9's and the 2" tweeters above them in the door. The driver side started crackling and finally went dead. I checked all wires and they appear fine. I figured the speaker/amp went so I bought a set on ebay. They came today, no good. I ended up putting the original back in and unhooking the tweeter jack and the 6x9 works but sounds like crap and is low volume. I hook the tweeter back up and the 6x9 clicks and goes dead. Tweeter doesnt work at all. Before I go rewiring the whole darn stereo and speaker system, anyone know a fix? Thanks for any help!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Brad426
Professional
Default RE: Infinity Speaker/Wiring Problem

The infinty is a pain in the "Chev". I wanted to install a aftermarket head unit and used a PAC interphase so I could keep the stock AMP & speakers.....what a pain. I think it is worth gutting to get it right when it come to the Infinity System. There are two choices. Leave it stock or gut it. Infinity left alone is a great system but, there seems to be no middle road or half & half. Cheers

Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I have to say from this thread.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_907240/tm.htm

Also, this afternoon while putting my 6x9's in up front I dedcided to check and see whats going on with the amps on the Infinity system.
While looking I found out that these (one on each front speaker) are not amplifiers, they are powered filters. While tapping into the signal before the filter then after, I found that these filters actualy warm the signal, not boostit so I decided to keep them in cause the sound is quite a bit better (warmer) with them in.I'm using a new Kenwooddeck.

If I were you I'd replace the speakers and keep the filters and not hack up the wiring.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
spaz_22
Captain

this maybe different on the older models fox...like his 96..

Quick Reply: Infinity Speaker/Wiring Problem