2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electronic transmission..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:51 PM
thehourg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic transmission..

i recently got a 98 ram 1500 5.2 liter, and first thing i did was change the exauhst, so i cut the old one off just past the 02 senser and drove it to the welding shop after i picked up my straight through magna flow muff for it, well to make a long story short, when i changed the exauhst i noticed a bucking coming from the tranny at high rpm's, espeacially when down shifting, and also seemed like it was kinda slipping at the beggining or end of each gear, but while inany onegear, it was fine, and if i was just driving at a moderate speed and acceleration it was fine, note (i did not notice these problems before i change the exauhst) i know that the tranny is electronic, so my question is, ismy tranny acting up as a result of change in the back pressure, my new piping is just out to the side, which exits just before the rear wheel so its a lot shorter, which is deff changing the back pressure, soooo does anyone have any clues to whats going on? i really did not notice any of this before i changed the exauhst, ps.. i did drive it with no muffler to the weldingshop, did i screw something up by doing this? this is pretty much when i noticed the problem. thanks! im a newbie so go easy on me...

Quick Reply: electronic transmission..