2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kegger

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
bcdalton
Professional
Default RE: Kegger

mopowar- I'm very much interested in it. How did it perform on your truck and where was the power band? I'm getting ready to purchase the Hughes beerbarrel intake but I'm unsure whether to get the Stage 1 or Stage 2. The reason for this uncertainty is because I tow and I want to make sure the intake's power band matches the towing powerband. Dave from Hughes told me the powerband for a Stage 2 is between 3000-5000 rpm with a +/- 500rpm before and after the power band. Depending where you feltthe intake pulled the best for you, I probably will buy it from you instead of buying brand new from Hughes. Thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

If you tow, you may want to pass. I think they are wrong about the 3-6k, but who am I. I only had it on for 200 miles, because it wouldn't supply enough air for the cam they sold me. I ordered them both at thesame time.I ended up putting my m1 back on.Don't get me wrong, I like Hughes alot, and they have good prices and excellant customer service. There was just something screwy about that deal. For all I know it could have been the flash I had on there. Anywho, If you tow I would do your own. Just cut about an inch of the runners,clean them up, andopen them up at the intake/headmate. Thenspend the money on some 1.7 rr's.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Bigschwerm
Professional

yes if you tow you dont want the stage 2......i have there stage 1 intake and it has great low end still and flows fairly decent on the top end over the stock kegger...when i got it i took it to a performance shop here in town and opened up the ports more and gasket matched it also...there is a restriction in the port design...you can feel it when you stick your fingers down the ports where it meets the headand can be opened alot more than what it is stock to help the flow issues....also cleaning up the injector bores helped withmy 24lb Ford Racing injectors (4 hole tips)...the little details are what will help you make power in these motors...

Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
bcdalton
Professional

mopowar and bigschwerm- Thanks for your comments andhonesty. Looks like Stage 1 it is. Looking forward in getting this mod. Also, Bigschwerm thanks for the information on opening the ports more and cleaning up the injector bores. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Kegger