2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

windshield wiper fuse keeps blowing out

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 AM
htamotorsports
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wiper fuse keeps blowing out

Posts: 7 Status: Online! [align=right]Post #1[/align] So on wed we had a pretty decent snow storm, the wipers worked fine all day, but later that nite everything began to ice over, i went out to the truck and turned on the wipers and they didnt budge, figured they were frozing, i could see them try to move, but were frozen. so i turned them off and drove w/out them. but today when i got all the ice off they still didnt work, i checked the fuse and it was blown, put in another 20amp blew that one too, did it like 3 times, and everytime it would blow it. any ideas ne1?

oh yeh, my spray doesnt work now either[/align]

Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 PM
blazelefty7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: windshield wiper fuse keeps blowing out

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. It'seither your wiring oryour motor. Autozone sells them for $60, with a $30 core charge(if you bring your old motor back they give you the $30 back) so i changed mine in their parking lot. Worked just fine after i installed a new motor.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: windshield wiper fuse keeps blowing out

If you turned on the motor, and the wipers were frozen to the window, and all you did was shut the wipers off, I'd say you burned out a motor. The wipers will still try to swipe before they park again.

You should pull the fuse in that situation. Disconnect the wiring harness to the motor, and install a new fuse. If it doesn't blow, you have motor problems. If it still pops the fuse, more than likely you have a hot wire that has rubbed thru it's insulation and is grounding out, resulting in a direct short.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with your ride.

Quick Reply: windshield wiper fuse keeps blowing out