2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no gages whatsoever

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
wildwolf59
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no gages whatsoever

ok guys....i got into my truck the other day and the cel,abs,airbag,fuel lights were on andmydigital odometer flashedthree times and went to no buss and the oil,temp,fuel,and batt.gages do not work and neither do the speedometer or the rpm....so basically theall the gages stopped working but it runs just fine and it throws no codes....i am checking all the grounds right now to see if thatis what it is but what else could it be????2000 4x4 qc 360 auto!....any suggestions???

Old 03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
mojo
Professional
Default RE: no gages whatsoever

Fuse for the insterment cluster? Or the Cluster went bad.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM
wildwolf59
Professional

fixed it today....checked all the fuses and they were ok then took off all the grounds and cleaned them and put them back on and now it is fine...amazing what a bad ground will do to these new vehicles...lol....so when this happens to someone else,check all your fuses and grounds first before u take it to the stealership!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

which grounds did you work on ?
were any of them loose, or did any of them look like there was something wrong ?
which one do you think it was ?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
wildwolf59
Professional

none of them were loose and they all looked good but i took them off and grinded a little on them and cleaned them up and put them back on and it was fixed....i even did the ground on the battery too...so i cant really say which one it was but i think it was the problem because i had no gages for three days straight and as soon as i did that it was ok...so if u are having this problem just clean them all...the one on the power steering pump, the one on the fender,the one hooked to the box by the fuses and check the fuses too....hope this helps anyone out!!!!....dont get this confused with the vehicle speed sensor....if it is the vss u will have some gages and if it is the bad instrument cluster or bad grounds u will lose all the gages and the lights will come on,and with the vss u will have a speedometer after 20 mph i am pretty sure!!!!

Quick Reply: no gages whatsoever