Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 3rd Gen Dakota > 3rd Gen Dakota FAQs
Reload this Page >

A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota

A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota

Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, now i got it where I can actually feel a difference using sonnax. I dont know how this would be without sonnax because I did not have tm before sonnax and I have not removed the sonnax since getting the trans package. BUT, I can tell you I have stumbled on an excellent shift schedule/tm setting that matches my driving style/route perfectly. If anyone is interested, let me know through PM, or if Bobby wants to post it here, thats cool. Just know that this was developed for MY style of driving and the terrain/road conditions where I live, so it or may not be for you. I just know that when I installed the 68.5 mm throttle body, the 1-2 shift point dropped way low, so that was a key setting for me, being able to hold 1st gear longer, also I wanted to be able to drop into OD at @ 60 mph...so in a nut shell, this schedule will hold first gear till @2000 RPM with minimal throttle and will also drop into OD [email protected] 60...it also makes the upshifts much more sensitive so you dont have to mash the pedal to get it to drop into a lower gear...enjoy...PM any questions...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:28 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you email me the spreadsheets I can get them posted

Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

wtf is ur email address??? ive had a few and...welll...you know....

Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain

Kent, Sent u an email....I still have not played with the shift points yet..but will soon!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:41 PM
bain64
Veteran

Has anyone messed with the schedule for this situation? Highway speeds (65-75) on cruise, go up a hill and the truck shifts from 5 to 3 instead of 4th?

I've adapted by either hitting the gas before the hill to gain enough speed that it doesn't shift when slowing down on the hill (going to get pulled over for this eventually) or just take it off cruise.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by bain64 View Post
Has anyone messed with the schedule for this situation? Highway speeds (65-75) on cruise, go up a hill and the truck shifts from 5 to 3 instead of 4th?

I've adapted by either hitting the gas before the hill to gain enough speed that it doesn't shift when slowing down on the hill (going to get pulled over for this eventually) or just take it off cruise.
are you still running a stock tune? have you tried any other settings?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 PM
rengnath
Champion

Kent's schedule is up on the website. Sorry for the delay; I was too busy being a college kid

Old 03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
bain64
Veteran

Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
are you still running a stock tune? have you tried any other settings?
Running the 87 tune now. I had it on the performance for a few months, it would do the same thing but it took a steeper hill for it to lose enough speed to require a shift. The winter gas did not help.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Actually I meant the stock transmission shift schedule, give one of these a try.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Tygarys
Amateur

Ok, I pulled all the data off and entered it in to the spreadsheet, but get some really weird lines and lots of crossovers on the stock shift points. Is this normal after entering the stock settings?

Also, I had to modify the spreadsheet a bit as I have more data points than the sheet was setup for. This may be due to having a 2010 vs the 2005 the sheet seems to be setup for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Guide to Superchips Transmission Tuning for Your 4.7l Dakota

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: