New Transmission Old Exterior Components

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 04:47 PM
3rdgenHighoutputDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Transmission Old Exterior Components

Recently had a new Tranny dropped into my 2005 Dakota SLT. But they used all the old Exterior components to reassemble. Looking for a complete parts list of exterior transmission components for the 545RFE so I can replace them.. They seem to be causing some issues at least.
After driving and bringing vehicle up to optimal operating temperature, I stop somewhere for a short 5 minutes, when I turn it back on the Trans Temp light is on and the square indicator surrounding the gear display (P R N D 2 1) isnt on. The transmission operates only in limp mode at this point until I shut it down for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on ambient temperature, until the heat soak is over and it resumes normal operation. This leads me to think that I have a bad Thermistor. Because the in the case of one going bad the PCM will substitute other information it recieves to supplement and make decisions for it. i.e Battery temperature, Engine Temp etc... Because the Thermistor is an exterior component. I plan to acquire all the other exterior components as well and just replace them all in one fell swoop... Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited by 3rdgenHighoutputDakota; 05-04-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Quick Reply: New Transmission Old Exterior Components