swap bucket seats and add bench seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 01:18 AM
paulusvey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap bucket seats and add bench seat

i just bought a 2007 dodge dakota and i like to add a bench seat in the front because i just found out my wife is expecting and we now need that extra seat i searched all over and i have not found any site where they have a bench seat for this type of car. is it possible to fit a different bench seat from another type of truck. any ideas

Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM
DaKoCuN
Professional

If your front seat is like this one (picture), you must have to remove everything and then you can weld a bench seat for another truck (not OEM)

Old 11-24-2012, 03:19 PM
DaKoCuN
Professional

BTW welcome to DF!
Post some pictures of u ride!

Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Our Dakotas came with 2 front seat options:
  • A) 2 bucket seats with a full floor console in the middle.
  • B) 2 bucket seats with a middle seat attached, and a flip up console which acts as a backrest for the middle seat.
The easiest way for you to add a middle seat is to swap out your seats for another set with the middle seat attached. That can be done in two ways:
  1. Find a set of front seats from another 05-07 Dakota, which could possibly be found in a junkyard or the classifieds, craigslist, or Ebay.
  2. An easier solution would be to find someone near you who would swap out your seat for theirs (possibly someone right here on Dodge Forum). And it would not be too difficult, because a lot of us prefer the full floor console over the middle seat.
I removed my middle seat and installed the full floor console, and read through this thread below to see what was involved. There's two pictures at the beginning of the thread to show you the difference in the seat options. There are covers on my front seats, so they might look different than your seats. Even if you found a middle seat, there's no real easy way to reinstall it.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...sole-swap.html

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:27 AM
ouv
Professional

I too am looking for the middle seat in my 06. Once I save up and get some bills out of the way, I am going to go with the 01 dakota seats. I liked the cloth and they were more comfortable than my leather.

Quick Reply: swap bucket seats and add bench seat