3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Wth is wrong with people on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
mikeg87xx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... that's way absurd... so theyre charging 10x more the price... You know, I never installed a hood scoop before. For it to actually WORK, youd need to cut the actual hood...otherwise, youd just 3M it to the hood and leave it for good looks I guess.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeg87xx
Wow... that's way absurd... so theyre charging 10x more the price... You know, I never installed a hood scoop before. For it to actually WORK, youd need to cut the actual hood...otherwise, youd just 3M it to the hood and leave it for good looks I guess.
To make it completely functional, you need to have the scoop feeding into your air box & this used to be done by having a big gasket on the inside of the hood that would clamp down around the air box when the hood is closed. Usually the new air box with filter is sitting right on top of (or just in front of) the carb/throttle body - about where the air plenum is (the OEM box in front of the throttle body). A simpler arrangement is to have the scoop attached to the new air box and to only have a hole in the hood - I've heard these called "shaker scoops" since you can see them shake as the engine is running.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Dragon05
Veteran

has to be a mis-type.......probably should have been $60.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is people out there who will do that intentionally and there is also people who WILL buy it! cough..immigrants who don't know what the internet or money is..cough

Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, some people fall for that stuff.. not necessarily immigrants...people in general

Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
geofft225
Rookie

The first one is made out of baby pandas

Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
DM_kota
Professional

that could easily be a typo, however I am sick of ppl on the internet selling x-box-boxes and brand new watches second hands for 10x the price its worth hoping people buy it and fall for it.

when they invent somthing that you can reach though the internet and put a pop-knot on someone face...I will be the first to buy it.

I think somone needs to separate the interent, usefull things and #$$%....obviously one would be much fuller than the other.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by DM_kota
when they invent somthing that you can reach though the internet and put a pop-knot on someone face...I will be the first to buy it.
I think that you should invent that. You might become a millionaire!

Old 03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't think it's a typo. Visiting his online store, he has the same scoop for Chevy, Ford, Nissan and 'Yota and they are all listed at $600.

You know what they say, there's an a$$ for every seat.

I paid $139 for mine - looks the same and that was for color-matched paint.

But yeah, to answer your question Mike, if you buy a scoop and want to make it functional you need to cut the front out of it and cut a hole in the hood - and ideally route your air intake to it.

I've done all but move my CAI, just ain't got around to it yet. I need to because I've got a passenger side battery tray that needs to go where my CAI is. I also need to get a length of window molding for the hole in the hood so it looks "factory" with the hood open. I'll get there, been busy...

101_0092.jpg

Last edited by HammerZ71; 03-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Wth is wrong with people on ebay