3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

The weirdest thing

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The weirdest thing

So the weirdest thing happened to me today.
On Friday, I ordered a Spectre drop-in filter, it shipped Friday night and I got the tracking number. Well, Monday, when I was at work, I tracked it to see where it was. It was scheduled to be delivered today, June 5th.
Then I checked yesterday at work and it said the shipping information and label were voided and that UPS didn't have possession of the item. So when I got off work, I called Amazon and talked to a very helpful lady. She said she couldn't figure out why the voided my shipment but she said she'd send out another filter, free of charge, (Amazon had already charged my card at this point), and she'd also give me next day shipping for the inconvenience, also free of charge.
So about 30 minutes ago, the UPS showed up at my door with 3 boxes.
I knew one box was mine with the filter in it, and I figured my stepmom had ordered some stuff and that was in the other two boxes.
Well, she said she didn't order anything and so she told me to open the boxes. So I cut open the two extra packages and each package contained yet another two Spectre air filters.
I have no idea why this happened or how it happened. I'm not sure yet if I should send the extra two filters back or not, but I checked my bank statement and I haven't been charged for them. But I will be keeping an I on my statement for the next couple days.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

No way you can use 3 air filters, so you can send one my way. Amazon's got plenty of money, this just happened to work out in your favor.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Jaded, Most place that has over-shipped me anything, has told me to keep it since its better to cut it a lose then pay to return ship it.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 AM
kjpark
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very lucky! same happened to me before and amazon said keep it, so just hold on to them. Keep one and sell the others, then you can get another add on for the truck

Quick Reply: The weirdest thing