3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Installing power drivers seat.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:03 PM
slantram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing power drivers seat.

`06 Dak SLT club cab. Can I just run the 12volt + and ground directly off the battery,with an inline fuse, and not have any CAN-B problems?

Old 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
pyrofossil
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slantram
`06 Dak SLT club cab. Can I just run the 12volt + and ground directly off the battery,with an inline fuse, and not have any CAN-B problems?
I swapped out my seats for some out of a Raider and found a Hot wire under the carpet that ran towards the rear of the cab, don't know where it leads to but it was only hot when the truck was on. Tapped into that and used a drill tap screw for the ground. Have had it for a few years now, no problem.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:02 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

If you don't have the full floor console with power outlet inside, then there is a power source buried under your carpeting.
It is the large lump under the middle seat.

Look at the picture below.

The power outlet wires, which is a large lump (Red arrow). Just slice it open like I did.
But there may be another source where my power seat connector comes out from under the carpet. (Black wires).

Last edited by dakotaff; 04-02-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 AM
Antoniocool

My 07 has power to the driver seat always even when the truck is off and no key in the ignition. It's on a 50 amp fuse under the hood. I could check where it gets power from under the seat when I get home if you want. I'm sure some of those wires are for power for the heated seats and also seat belt sensor

Old 12-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Cwvega76

I just swapped in a power drivers seat in my 2007 from another 2007. My orig was NOT a powered seat. The plug underneath the seat had four wires and plugged right in to the new powered seat connecto, but the seat does not move in any direction? Is there another connection to the motors that I missed?

thanks,
JD

Old 12-29-2017, 09:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

How many wires in the seat-side connector? Does the body side connector actually have power?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Cwvega76

Ah... the body side has no power, all it has is 4 very small wires, probably seat belt/air bag, would not be nearly heavy enough to carry 12v 50amp to seat motors. I can see the seat side has a heavy RED and ? wire going into the connector. On the body side, if I look at the outside end I can see two, what appear to be spade lugs. My guess is there is another wire needed to go from console power connector for charging outlet. I think thats what the previous post from dakotaff was referring to?

Old 12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

The 'other' wire may be just a ground. So, you might be able to get away with simply putting a good power supply wire in there to the seat, running a ground, and calling it a day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing power drivers seat.