3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Oversized Radio is installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:39 PM
dodgeman1977
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oversized Radio is installed

I got the power acoustic oversized single din radio installed. It has Bluetooth, back up camera, and CD/DVD player. Install was a little troublesome because the sosche install kit with the ears didn't quite fit. I don't know if it was due to the kit or the radio itself, but a little bit of modification and I made it work.
I used the nav interface kit to utilize the reverse input trigger wire. Overall I am happy with it.
Bluetooth works perfectly, I did have some cutting out on fm radio, but I did pay less than 100 bucks for the radio, so I wasn't expecting perfection. My main uses will be Pandora via Bluetooth and the back up camera.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good. One of these days I'll get mine done.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:28 PM
dodgeman1977
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaded
Looks good. One of these days I'll get mine done.
Thanks. I wasnīt sure how it would turn out because I couldnīt find too many reviews on this particular unit, and the ones on amazon were some good some bad. I decided to take the chance because I didnīt want to do a whole lot of mod to the bezel to fit a double din. The screen is 4.5 inches, not really big, but not too small either. All I can say is, its a lot better than what I had before. I made a phone call to my wife from the radio and she said it sounded just as clear as if I was on the phone, so thatīs good too.