3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

New Shoes that rub

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 06:12 PM
emberg89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shoes that rub

Got the new tires put on today, 265/75/16 Kumho RoadVenture AT51's. Having an issue with rubbing on the front left. Rubs the front bumper and inner liner. Left side doesn't do it though. I tried to adjust the bumper forward as much as I can and it still rubs, there is a difference in the gap infront of the tires to the bumper on both sides by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Is it just an adjustment issue with the bumper or something else?

Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

There is a support behind the front bumper fascia that kind of looks like an accordion on both sides. It will collapse a notch (or more) when you bump or hit some object in the front. I had to replace that part when I first put on larger wheels & tires, I was unable to turn at all due to rubbing on the front fascia on the right side. I had to put my old wheels & tires back on until that part was replaced. You will have to remove the front fascia to see if that is your issue.